Well, Holy Cats, my friends.
What isn't different now I ask you? And I bet I know what you'll say. You'll say, "Gosh, we don't know...because you haven't told us." And you'd have a point there. You would have a point indeed, and it would be a valid one. So let's get about to remedying that.
Mid-May: The good, the bad and the ugly-
-I graduated. I am officially no longer a graduate student. It feels just a tad amazing and let me say, thank whatever karmic force didn't send me into a PhD program, because Lord knows I don't have it in me.
- I moved to North Carolina. I currently live in a lovely little neighborhood in Charlotte. It is beautiful and warm and within walking distance of a jumping neighborhood center-type of zone. I miss Jersey, but maybe this is what I need.
- Blkmarketliver is back in the US! Hooray! Our worn out little expat has made his return.
- On Friday, for the third year in a row, I got to go to a Jen Lancaster book signing. It's always a fantastic time and I'm glad i could make it, even though my car was less than cooperative in the actually getting there process.
- Finding a job is a bitch. I may have something in the works (fingers crossed) but it is not in my area and a significant pay cut from what i was making up north (though the hours may be better, I'm not entirely sure). At this point I need income so send me good vibes, kiddos, por favor.
- With the exception of a wedding he's attending with me in the middle of next month, y'all should probably not expect any more stories about The Gentleman. Charlotte and Albany are 12+ hours apart. Things are what they are. Time to be a big girl about it.
- Through a combination of both my overestimating how much folks would eat and people not so much showing up, I have been eating taco leftovers from a dinner get together since tuesday. Indie Jake is out of town this week so its up to me to play beat the food expiration clock. I'm pretty sure if I eat one more taco I have to officially switch teams.
- Did you know there was a thing called "race traffic". I did not. Because I am from New Jersey. Apparently there is this thing, maybe you've heard of it, Nascar. Damn, kiddos...race traffic, she is an ugly thing.
- Apparently my immune system got the memo that I was done with school and moving and decided to take a bit of a vaycay. Today is the first day in a while that my neck doesn't look like I half swallowed two golf balls. Ill does not look good on me.
So that's where I'm at. Hopefully, now that things have settled down a bit we will return to our regularly scheduled programming. As an endnote, I feel the need to go on record as saying Alec Baldwin was a far better commencement speaker than I anticipated.
...which isn't really saying much.